Kovai Vidyashram State Level Open & Children Chess Tournament- 2016
(TNSCA Approval No : CO – 31/CBE/16-17)
Organised By : Kovai Vidyashram
Date : 03.12.2016 & 04.12.2016
Venue : Kovai Vidyashram, Kovilpalayam, Coimbatore
Entry Fee: Rs. 200/-
Total Cash Prize : Rs.22,000/- for Open Category
Prize Money Breakup : Prizes for Categories:
U- 9 Boys : 10 U-9 Girls : 5
U-12 Boys : 10 U-12 Girls : 5
U-15 Boys : 10 U-15 Girls : 5
Entry Fee : Rs. 200/- per player can be sent by DD/ Cheque in Favour of Kovai Vidyashram payable at
Coimbatore to Mr. M. Murugiah, Principal, Manickampalayam, Karuvalur Road, Kovilpalayam,
Coimbatore – 641 107.
Entries can also be paid through online www.easypaychess.com / www.pay4chess.com.
Last Date : 02.12.2016
1stPrize Rs. 5000/- 11th Prize – 500/-
2stPrize Rs. 4000/- 12th Prize – 400/-
3rdPrize Rs. 3000/- 13th Prize – 400/-
4thPrize Rs. 2000/- 14th Prize – 300/-
5thPrize Rs. 1500/- 15th Prize – 300/-
6thPrize Rs. 1000/- 16st Prize – 200/-
7thPrize Rs. 800/- 17th Prize – 200/-
8thPrize Rs. 700/- 18th Prize – 200/-
9thPrize Rs. 600/- 19th Prize – 200/-
10th Prize Rs. 500/- 20th Prize – 200/-
For inspired learning
Rules and Regulations
1. The Tournament is open to Tamil Nadu Players only.
2. The Latest FIDE Rules in force shall apply and the Swiss system will be followed.
3. Time Control: Each Half an hour.
4. The first round will commence at 11.00 AM on 03.12.2016. The number of rounds and the
round-wise schedule will be announced at the tournament venue.
5. TNSCA registration is compulsory. TNSCA Registration fee is Rs.100/- for the year 2016-
2017. Players registering with TNSCA should submit duly filled and signed TNSCA Players
Registration form along with a copy of their Date of Birth certificate and one passport size
photograph. The date of birth certificates registered within one year of the birth of the Player
alone will be recognized and allowed to participate.
6. Coimbatore DCA Registration fee is Rs 100/- for the year 2016-2017 (for Coimbatore players).
7. Players are requested to bring their own International chess sets (and chess clock if, any).
8. Tiebreak: Buchholz tiebreak system will be applied .In case of tie, prizes will not be shared.
9. The Chief Arbiter’s ‘ decisions’ shall be final and binding on all players concerned.
10. Age proof Certificate must be produced for Children’s category prizes.
11. Entries close at 5.00 P.M on 02.12.2016. No entry will be entertained after 5 P.M on
02.12.2016. Strictly no Spot Entries.
12. The TNSCA / Coimbatore DCA / organizer Kovai Vidyashram reserves the right to admit /
reject any entry without assigning any reason thereof.
The TNSCA / Coimbatore DCA / organizer Kovai Vidyashram reserve the rights of admission
to the venue and lodging place.
13. Participation certificates will be awarded to all participants.
14. Accommodation will be given to outstation players and they are requested to bring their own
beddings subject to availability.
15. Age Limit
Under – 9 Born on or After 01.01.2007
Under – 12 Born on or After 01.01.2004
Under – 15 Born on or After 01.01.2001
Contact Details : Mr. M. Murugiah, Principal, Kovai Vidyashram, Manickampalayam, Karuvalur Raod,
Kovilpalayam, Coimbatore – 641 107. Cell : 7402691999 E-Mail: : email@example.com